Looks like PV is going to be the number one seed and Honaker will travel to BP. The only games played at UVA-Wise are the championship games the two winners play at UVA-Wise.
Printable View
Looks like PV is going to be the number one seed and Honaker will travel to BP. The only games played at UVA-Wise are the championship games the two winners play at UVA-Wise.
How do the various power point scenarios work out? If I understand correctly Leb is currently 3 total powerpoints ahead of PV. A PV win over Appy (6-2) would be worth 28(?) points. A Leb win over Northwood(1-7) would worth only 18 points. But that doesn't include points that either team would garner from the remaining results of their previous opponents games.
On a related note a GC win over Norton would be worth 34(?) powerpoints. Would that - combined with an Appy win over PV - be enough to propel GC to the number 1 or 2 slot? They appear to only be 11 total power points behind Lebanon currently.
Is there anyway do and be sure of the complete "power point math" on the most likely scenarios?
Check out VHSL Helpers site, more than likely a PV win gives them tne numbber one seed. Here is the link http://www.angelfire.com/va/vhsl/RegionD.html shows the minimum and maximum points.
Nice! Thanks.
I agree. If Lebanon and Honaker were to meet at the regional championship, it's rediculous for them to travel to Wise to play.
Ohh okay, yeah, it's only the championships that are played at Wise, because I remember going to BSG last season for the Honaker/PV game.
The Friday/ Saturday playoff games would be great. I remember when we were in Region four we always played atleast one playoff game on Friday.
Unless the PV game is on Friday I will not be there. PV makes the playoffs ever year, it's not like I have the opportunity to watch UVA-Wise very often this late in the season.
I think the atmosphere at UVA-Wise is wonderful. When the boys get up there it is a first rate facility and they are playing on a "college" level field. It has to improve the moral. Also, the local fields are usually a mudbowl by this time of the year. This year is the exception. It is not a bad ride to Honaker and Lebanon. I think we should continue to play all post season games at the college and take advantage of their hospitality.
Playing the games on a neutral field sucks a$$, even if it is a nice field. The #1 seed deserves the home field advantage...and driving to wise to set on top of a plateau and watch football on plastic grass doesn't fit the ticket. If mud bothers ya, maybe you can take up sewing or something.